- Use your Project Management skills to enhance the lives of our valued residents
- Industry Leader in Aged Care
- Permanent full time role
- Work in an experienced and motivated team
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About the role:
We provide Independent and Assisted Living accommodation to approximately 4000 seniors. To accommodate these people, Anglicare continually updates and builds new facilities to provide communities of Christian Care.
Reporting to the Head of Construction, you will spend the most of your time based in our Support Centre in Norwest Business Park although you will be required to visit our project sites across the Sydney metro, Wollongong/Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions. You will focus on managing project teams consisting of client stakeholders, consent authorities, consultants and contractors and the delivery of multiple capital works projects so that peoples’ lives in the community are enhanced.
To stand out, you will have exceptional communication and relationship building skills with experience in the construction industry as a Project Manager. Alternatively, related experience within an engineering, architectural or onsite construction role coupled with the genuine desire to move into construction within a leading aged care and community services provider may be considered.
- Ensure all policy and procedural controls are met.
- Adequately manage and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that Capital Projects are managed simultaneously in relation to time, cost and quality.
- Ensure projects run in line with contractual agreements and programs.
- Estimate and order building materials in line with project requirements and obligations.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Prepare and submit project notices as required under the contract.
- Prepare and submit variation documentation as required under the contract.
- Liaise daily with Site Foremen and Contract Administrators and provide direction.
- Interpret specifications and drawings.
- Successfully manage concurrent project tasks
- Attend regular project meetings with the client stakeholder groups.
- Manage and complete activities as directed by the Head of Construction.
- Compile Handover documentation.
- Assist with Tender production as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Degree qualification essential (preferable in a construction related discipline).
- Three to five years’ experience in construction project management.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects.
- Proficient in maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication to steer a team towards positive outcomes.
- Genuine alignment with Anglicare’s Christian values.
If you are looking to join an industry leader and utilise your project management skills to enrich the lives of seniors we would love to hear from you. We offer a work/life balance and an opportunity to be part of a dedicated and supportive team!
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.