• Fixed Term Full Time contract till 30 June 2018
• Based at Parramatta
• Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the needs/issues of young people at risk of being homeless, disengaged from education and community
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
You will be leading a team of case managers who are supporting at risk young people and their communities to address issues of homelessness and family breakdown as well as Supervision of the team.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
• Clinical supervision of staff and ensuring staff development and compliance with program funding agreement
• Maintain a client case load
• Collates and maintains clear up to date organised and accurate records and case notes
• Keeps informed of theoretical and practice issues that ensure best practice is developed and maintained
• Establish and maintain links with other agencies agencies, to facilitate the provision of a holistic and quality service and to provide information on issues including referral processes, client needs, local issues, community feedback and approaches or gaps in service delivery.
• Develop, present and evaluate group work
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Tertiary qualifications in relevant tertiary studies, eg. social work , psychology
• Demonstrated understanding of the needs/issues of people from refugee/migrant, varying socio-economic and diverse CALD backgrounds
• Demonstrated supervisory skills
• Well-developed case management skills, conflict resolution, strengths-based and basic counselling skills
• Excellent communication and networking skills and a mature, professional approach to work
• A current NSW driver's licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice