• Do you love engaging and leading a team to meet the needs of the community?
• Do you love recruitment and have strong coordination skills?
• Keen on joining a growing Christian NFP committed to having a positive impact on the lives of others?
If yes, then read below and apply for this great opportunity to work for Anglicare!
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Volunteer Coordinator to effectively recruit, allocate, support and on-board and supervise volunteers and students in the Food and Financial Assistance (FFA) program in order to meet the needs of staff and clients. Our FFA program is a newly created initiative by Anglicare to assist people to avoid a financial crisis as well as respond to urgent needs for material assistance.
Your key responsibilities will be (but not limited to):
• End-to-end recruitment of suitable volunteers and clients including conducting background/compliance checks.
• Utilise a range of advertising and sourcing mediums including social media.
• Coordinate the on-boarding and training process of volunteers and maintain strong relationships with managers and other staff.
• Assist and support staff within the FFA programs to develop and maintain a successful and well managed volunteer program.
• Ensure that volunteers are centred on client needs and are reflective of Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values.
• Ensure volunteers are well looked after, well trained, supervised and receive care and are adequately de-briefed.
• Work closely with churches to develop and maintain ongoing relationships.
We are offering the successful candidate a 12 month fixed term role based in Villawood. You must be willing and able to travel throughout the Sydney Metropolitan area and hold a current driver’s licence.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Experience and competence in coordinating a volunteer program.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong coordination and administration skills.
• Understanding of the end-to-end recruitment process.
• Current NSW Driver’s Licence and willingness to drive.
• Ability and stated commitment to support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare.
As you will be required to work closely with churches, this role would suit a committed Christian with a genuine passion towards volunteer coordination and the work that Anglicare does in the community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised and engaging Volunteer Coordinator to assist, train, recruit and supervise the volunteers in various centres across Sydney!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.