Start your caring career with Anglicare now!
• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference?
• Fixed-term contract to 30 June 2018
• Part-time 3 days per week
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit www.anglicare.org.au
Due to organisational growth, we seek to expand our Anglicare At Home team of professionals in the West of Sydney. Designed to make a genuine difference in the lives of older people, Anglicare At Home aims to support and assist clients to remain in their homes as valued members of our community.
About the role
Reporting to the Care Team Manager, this new position is aimed at picking up Anglicare’s Dementia Advisory Service (DAS) clients and taking them to the support meetings in Seven Hills/Blacktown area. DAS offers support, social outings, helpful information, advocacy and professional advice when required.
The Driver will stay at the centre with the clients until the clients are ready to come home. Driving an Anglicare vehicle based at Mt Druitt, you will be transporting up to 12 clients. This position will commence from 8am at our Mt Druitt office returning 3pm on Monday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s.
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
• Anglicare pays competitive above Award rates! Relevant qualifications increase the rate of pay. Salary packaging is available to all staff; this can increase your take-home pay.
• Accrue annual leave and sick leave entitlements that you don’t get as a Casual.
• Anglicare are renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
• Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation.
• Each and every client touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet the needs of older people.
I want to join. Now what?
If you have a heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. Applicants must hold a C Class Motor Vehicle Licence and a good driving record. Previous community/aged care transport experience and a LR driver’s licence is desirable.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.