Start your caring career with Anglicare now!
• Are you passionate and committed to making a difference in the lives of older people?
• We have Permanent part-time positions available with guaranteed contract hours (based on availability)
• We offer training and professional development
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
Due to organisational growth, we seek to expand our Anglicare At Home team of professionals in the Western Sydney region (E.g. covering Blacktown, Parramatta and Fairfield areas). Designed to make a genuine difference in the lives of older people, Anglicare At Home aims to support and assist clients to remain in their homes as valued members of our community.
About the role
Reporting to the Care Team Manager, you will ensure on a day-to-day basis that clients receive tailored care services in a professional and respectful manner according to documented care plans, company policies and procedures.
Duties may include:
- Personal care such as showering and toileting,
- Meal preparation and serving,
- Domestic Assistance, such as light housekeeping,
- Respite, and
- Social support
Guaranteed contract hours – how does it work?
Tell us when you’re available and we’ll roster on clients during the times you’re free. Your availability will span a minimum of 3 days per week and preferred applicants will be flexible to work early morning or late afternoon/early evening shifts.
Join Anglicare and enjoy the benefits!
- Anglicare pays you for time and km’s – and competitive above Award rates! Relevant qualifications increase the rate of pay. Salary packaging is available to all staff; this can increase your take-home pay.
- Accrue annual leave and sick leave entitlements that you don’t get as a Casual.
- Anglicare are renowned for our reputable training and development program. Access our professional network of mentors that can offer support and experience.
- Anglicare is committed to achieving the highest performance in work health and safety with the aim of creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment throughout all parts of the organisation.
- Work permanent part-time and have regular clients with ongoing services. Each and every client touches your heart. You will feel satisfied that you are really helping to meet the needs of older people.
I want to join. Now what?
If you have a heart for serving older people, then we would love to hear from you. Previous experience in aged/community care and/or have relevant aged care qualifications will be an advantage.
Applicants must hold:
- A C Class Motor Vehicle Licence; and
- A registered and insured motor vehicle with minimum third party property damage insurance or be willing to obtain it.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.