Team Leader – Seniors Social and Respite Groups
• Community Care Leadership Position
• Be part of a committed and vibrant team
• Make a genuine difference in the lives of older people
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit: http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/ .
Reporting to the Program Manager, the role of the Team Leader - Seniors Social and Respite Groups leads and supervises a team of Lifestyle Workers to deliver community based social group and centre based respite programs. You will have great leadership skills and be confident in coordinating safe, quality person-centred support for older people while achieving excellent outcomes that align with the Organisation’s Values, Vision and Mission.
You will also:
• Coordinate and oversee the daily activities of the centre, including rostering staff and transport
• Organise meaningful, interesting and fun activities for the people attending the centre
• Ensure the centre environment is safe by following WHS principles
• Engrain and encourage a culture that aligns with Anglicare’s philosophy
• Ensure the centre is financially efficient and data/client records are accurately kept up to date
• Encourage and lead by example an attitude of continuous improvement.
This is a permanent fulltime position working 2 days a week at our Malabar office and 3 days at Longueville.
Skills knowledge and experience needed:
• Diploma of Leisure and Health/Community Services or appropriate equivalent qualification
• Previous experience in Home Care/Community/Aged Care
• Previous team leader experience in leading and coaching a team, gained in
a busy environment
• Superior skills in communication including a demonstrated ability to work with older people, people living with dementia and their families/advocate
• Current C class driver’s licence and vehicle
• Intermediate computer skills in MS Office.
If you’re a customer-focused person who is flexible and adaptable to change, we would love to hear from you. A full induction, training, and career development plan will equip you to perform in this very rewarding role.
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.